This is the result of 35+ years of being an audiophile...started off with a Sony clock radio that my dad got for me-wow!! I am blessed. This is now a 100% digital system-the Rogue Audio Perseus pre amp & Decware Tube Buffer is in storage. My system is now very transparent, detailed, liquid, smooth, natural. Bottom line is I am that much closer to the recorded event. My desire to upgrade has been greatly diminished. Only item waiting for is the Schiit Audio Gadget...come on Mike and Jason!! Note-all of my cables/wires/stand/platforms/power cords/duplex/weights/cones are from Mapleshade-everything that Pierre writes on his website is True-not hyperbole-been using his products for over 20 years. Last words-the best 3 tweeks-IMO: Add Powr eau2s, Mapleshade field shaping ground plane ribbons and the MQA software update for the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Series 2-they all brought me closer to the feeling of being at the recorded event-realism with ease/liquidity/detail/emotion.
Enjoy! P.S. one more tweek-Mapleshade's optical cable-connecting Apollo R CD player to the BADA DAC-sounds awesome-is making me pull out my CDs-in some respects better than the Bryston BDP1.
Hello everyone, I'll reply in chronological order:
1. I did consider the bass panel from Magnepan but did not want to deal with the additional speaker wiring, placement issues-the bass is sufficient for my listening needs-it is tight, defined; just doesn't go as low as needed as when I'm listening to Metallica
2. I purchased the DAC in 2012 based on Robert Harley's review-had the Eastern Electric Tube DAC before; I just came into some additional funds & decided to spring for the Berkeley-best decision-along with the software upgrade this will be my DAC for life
3. Yes, the rack is from Mapleshade...based on my own experience, everyone should check out their website-Pierre is spot on with his products
4. Thanks for that...I have considered upgrading the MMGs...the only thing stopping me is the size of the room-I am getting plenty of volume from the MMGs
5. Those are the brass alloy weights from Mapleshade-Pierre has detailed information & how they work in conjunction with the platform/isoblocks/footers
6. Thank you for the comment on the Modwright-this amp is a keeper-very transparent-any changes upstream are revealed by this amp. On the Acoustic Revive - very meaningful: it increases the air/space within the soundstage making it more dimensional-I consider it a must have tweak
7. Good question - technically, I should not have a ground loop issue, but I do. It was more prevalent when I had the Rogue Audio preamp in the system. Now, the hum is barely audible in the right channel with the Ground Control
Appreciate everyone's questions/comments - keep enjoying your system and music!