My Burmester Reference Line set-up with a Reference Listening Acoustic Hall designed/made by RPG Europe.
List of components:
- Adyton Isovolt K6 (6kw balanced trafo)
- Burmester 948 Power conditioner
- Nordost Qkore 6 with Qkore Wires
- Burmester 911 Mk3 monos power amps
- Burmester 808 Mk5 with Power Supply Unit
- Burmester 069 with Power Supply Unit
- Burmester B100
- Cables: Nordost
- Nordost Qrt line ground wire (dedicated and designated ground for the sound system to a designated external ground rod with very low resistance path).
- N.5 direct power lines with Furutech dps 4.1 limited edition from electric meter to wall sockets.
- Furutech NCF wall sockets (N.2 sets of FT-SWS-D NCF (R); N.3 sets of FT-SWS-R NCF).
- Taoc Audio Rack CSR 2S (D)
- Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G
- Taoc Super Insulator Tite-35s
- Bassocontinuo Accordeon
- The lighting system (after appropriate lighting study) of the room was entrusted to the very elegant products of Kreon and Flos.
- Acoustic design and made by RPG Europe.
Building of the Room - Specs
The building and realization of this acoustically extreme project has been designed/made at all by RPG Europe in about a year. Such room, completely made from "zero" (it means walls, ceiling and floor have been re-builded applying on place the most extreme acoustic concepts) has the same building-in concept and philosophy of a Concert Hall with right dimensions/proportions. Pratically is a room (composed by a reference acoustic Insulation) inside another room (RPG custom acoustic treatment) with a net size of about 34 sq meters and a net height from floor to ceiling of 295 cm. Of course the room size, before acoustic steps was a little phisically bigger but now (with the rich acoustic treatment on place) its behaviour is virtually with more spacious (all walls seems to be disappeared leaving music to flow at fullest) and right for a superb/correct music reproduction. Infact the acoustic measurements stating the absolute perfetct match of neutrality and very linear in its performance.
The Burmester Reference Line system in the aforementioned acoustic hall delivers a natural and substantial sound with a perfect tonal balance, sense of timing, deeply impressive dynamics, articulate, polite, large-scale, refined delicacy, authority, great composure and an alluring sense of refinement coupled to just a hint of richness and easy to enjoy. In few words, the essence of musicality. Immaculate the agility and subtlety to deliver low-key music with an exceptional transparency and smoothness even at very high volume the system never sounds rushed or stressed either, but it has a superb sense of fluidity, musical warmth, an incredible wealth of details. The detail resolution is sky high. There’s a natural side effect of this kind of insight is that it makes music sound simpler (in a good way), allowing the listener to follow individual musical strands with ease. The sound stage is wide and deep, and populated by immaculately focussed instruments. There’s a superb sense of sonic stability that remains untroubled even as the music explodes with adrenaline dynamic shifts. The position, solidity and intelligibility of instruments have a perfect precision in the virtual space and aren’t affected one bit. The said Burmester Reference Line system manages to convey the warmth and feeling in the lead vocals with mesmerising realism. At my ears, this kind of composure is rare to find even at any hiend level and it clearly speaks to the heart as well as the mind, and that’s a rare thing. Reference Level sonic performance at all as I never heard before in my humble experience. Cheers.