- Evolution Acoustics MM7's
twin towers, main tower, 82
Mono block Amplifiers.
traded in my 458 amplifiers for the new version, the 468.
battery powered preamp with 2 separate phono stages. uses BNC 'zeel' cables between pre and amps.
- Evolution Acoustics 7.5 meter 'Zeel'
7.5 meter pair of BNC cables from preamp to amps.
- MSB Technology Select II with dual power supplies and 33 Femto clock
State of the art dac. modular and updatable.
digital interface combining USB with a fiber cable and lowering noise between the server and dac. proprietary to the modular MSB dacs.
- Gobel LaCorde Statement USB cable
1.2 meters. significant performance upgrade. eliminated any digital glare.
- Taiko Audio Extreme Music server
state of the art music server, includes 32 tb of PCIe solid state storage for music files.
- Saskia model two idler turntable
180 pound slate plinth, + 40 pound platter = 220 pounds. the ultimate idler. i have 7 arm boards with it. super image, tonal density and energy projection.
designed and built by Win Tinnon in Alabama.
- CS Port LFT1 turntable w/arm
air bearing platter and air bearing linear tracking arm; string drive with zero feedback dc motor, low pressure, low flow air system with zero noise air box.
world class musical flow, nuance and delicacy, combined with authority and ease. serves the music completely.
tube phono stage, zero feedback, uses a SMPS. has a MC output, and 2 MM outputs. top level build quality.
very quiet, refined and dynamic. battery powered, plays 8 hours on one charge, and takes 9 hours to recharge.
direct drive turntable
gimbal bearing design. the finest tonearm i have heard.
- Etsuro Gold Reference 2 MC Phono Cartridge
duraluminim (A7075) body, 24 carat 'Kinpaku' Gold Leaf finish, diamond cantiliver.
.3mv output, 4 ohms.
finest cartridge i have heard by a significant margin. WOW!
- Durand Tonearms Telos Sapphire
12" unipivot tonearm with sapphire bearing tower and anti-skate bridge.
- Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement MC
State of the Art moving coil cartridge, the best one I've heard in my system.
.5 mv output. ultra detail and energy, extremely nuanced.
low output moving coil. titanium body built using the SLM manufacturing technique.
- Synology 30 Terabyte NAS (a pair = 60 TB) music file storage
mirroring music storage for my music files.
- Studer A820 Master Recorder
1/4 inch. refurbished by Fred Thal of ATAE. head switch installed by Ki Choi allows direct out into custom output electronics bypassing stock electronics for playback.
- Studer A-820 reel to reel master recorder; 1/4" and 1/2" heads, guides and hubs.
this 3rd A-820 machine is used as the recorder in my system and can record both 1/4" and 1/2" tape. has transformerless audio output cards.
- Studer A820 Master Recorder
1/2 inch machine. has a direct out head switch allowing a choice to use the stock output electronics or direct out to the King-Cello tape repro output electronics.
- King/Cello w/meters and pots tape repro/phono
custom output electronics for the Studer A820. built by Charles King based on the Cello circuit. separate power and output boxes. upgraded adding meters and pots to allow fine adjustments for heads.
- Taiko Tana (5 of them) Herzan TS-150 (2) + TS-140 (3)
active isolation under 5 separate components: (1) the NVS turntable, (2) the MSB dac, (3) the darTZeel preamp, (4 + 5) both darTZeel mono block amplifiers. custom modifications by Taiko Audio add a linear power supply plus panzerholtz top layer + Daiza platform to provide full frequency resonance attenuation to each platform.
- Taiko Audio Daiza isolation platform--22 used in the system
Panzerholtz Platform with spiral cutouts reducing mid and high frequency resonance while retaining life and energy and not changing tonality.
22 Daiza platforms in the system of various sizes under every piece of the signal path.
- Adona Zero GTX rack---3 of them--each 4 shelf.
all three with 27" x 21" turntable top.
solid rack for best direct floor connection.
- Tripoint Audio Troy Signature
Grounding box for chassis grounding the darTZeel 458 mono block amplifiers + grounding the passive main towers of the Evolution Acoustics MM7 speaker system.
Tripoint Elite grounding box. this does chassis grounding for my sources. it uses a a pair of Tripoint Thor SE Master Reference ground cables for my dart preamp and the MSB Select II dac. there are also 4 Signature Silver ground cables to the two arm boards of the NVS tt, the power supply of the NVS tt, and the SGM server.
10kva balanced Isoltion transformer and distribution panel.
- Furutech GTX-D NCF Rhodium duplex outlets
10 in the system. used with 10 Furutech covers and frames. uses NCF (nano crystal formula) material to reduce noise by emitting negative ions.
- Absolute Fidelity power interfaces
power cords specifically designed for either motors (tt and tape decks), amplifiers, and components. 11 in the system.
- Wave Kinetics A10 U8 decoupling footers
8 sets-of-4 in the system for individual tuning of each piece of gear.
- Auralex T-Fusor diffusers
i use 20 of these. 6 each on the front side walls, and 4 each front ceiling and rear ceiling.
- Klaudio Record Cleaning System
automatic record cleaner
- Acoustic Revive RL-30 mKIII CD-LP demagnatizer
for demaging any disc.
- Furutech DF-2 LP disc flattner
will remove warps from Lps
- Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Anniversary Ed.
will cook any cables
- Winds ALM-01 Stylus Force Gauge
easy accurate, repeatable, measurments.
- i-Tower by Koncept LED floor lamp
(3) are used. best audio light ever. 2 'warm', 1 'cool'.
- Quietrock THX 545 drywall
specialized drywall with a 1/4" metal layer. used in my front sidewalls to establish proper room boundaries.
- view...... what i look at...
...while listening. Rattlesnake Ridge.
- Barn.... ......room is....
....most of the ground floor. 29' x 21' x 11'.