Dimensions: 20’ × 25’ Large
With the new Hugo TT (Table Top) we've built on the extraordinary success of our genre-defining Hugo DAC/headphone amplifier. The new larger desktop-orientated device offers greater connectivity including a USB-B input, XLR outputs, two quarter inch headphone outputs, plus improved performance and features.
Compared to the more mobile Hugo, the Hugo TT gains a new larger chassis, remote control, an alphanumeric LED display with input/sample rate data, and improved sonic performance thanks to supercapacitors.
Advanced sample rate capability
The Hugo TT is ready to take advantage of today's advanced studio-master-quality (DXD) music files allowing music lovers to experience music in true high definition, along with the best possible reproduction of CD-quality music. Hugo TT supports up to 32-bit/384kHz audio via coax and USB, and 24-bit/192kHz over optical, plus DSD64 on all inputs and DSD128 via coax or USB (all via DoP).
In a key upgrade over the original Hugo, the Hugo TT benefits from a high-quality asynchronous B-type USB connection for both the SD and HD USB input. With two further digital inputs: a (new) BNC coaxial and optical (TOSLink), any connected component with a digital output can benefit from the Hugo TT's advanced sound quality.
To fully integrate with today's digitally stored media, the new Hugo TT also has A2DP Bluetooth capability and uses a custom-made module with the aptX codec to feed a digital signal directly into the DAC circuitry, so even without cables, music can still be enjoyed.
Spartan 6 FPGA
The Hugo TT retains the same high-performance Spartan 6 FPGA that enabled Hugo to redefine the DAC genre in 2014. It has the same specification and measured performance as its mobile sibling, a device that "broke all records" for dynamic range in leading UK hi-fi magazine, Hi-Fi World, in the summer of 2014.
Being a home-orientated device, the Hugo TT has been designed to run continuously from the supplied charger, however Chord's engineers have also improved the battery and added Supercap energy storage, a technology seen in F1 where supercacitors back-up the cars batteries by sharing the load and charge demands, thereby protecting them. They serve a similar purpose in the Hugo TT, extending the battery life as well as improving dynamics and demanding transients in recorded music.
Hugo TT key features
- Remote control allowing input (source) selection and volume control
- Alphanumeric LED display to show settings
- Double the battery capacity of Hugo
- 10,000,000uF (microfarads) of supercapacitor energy storage
- Fully balanced outputs using XLR connectors
- Single-ended RCA outputs
- BNC coaxial digital input
- Optical TOSLink input
- Full-sized B-type USB inputs for both SD USB and HD USB feeds
- Full galvanic isolation on the HD USB input right up to 384kHz
- Improved analogue stage output current for low distortion into low impedance loads
- 2x Quarter-inch jack headphone outputs
- 1x 3.5mm jack headphone output
- Advanced digital volume control
- Crossfeed filter network
- Battery-powered for power supply isolation
- Input selection identification and remote volume up or down indication is via alphanumeric display and colour-changing LED display
- 26K tap-length filter
- THD: 140dB
- Headphone output: 110dB SPL into a 300ohm headphone load
- 1x Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192KHz-capable
- 1x BNC coaxial input 32-bit/384kHz -capable
- 1x HD/SD USB B-type input up to 32-bit/384kHz
- 1x3.5mm headphone jack
- 2x6.35mm (1/4-inch) headphone jack
- 1x (pair) stereo RCA phono output
- Fully balanced via XLR connectors
- 235mm x 45mm x 225mm (WxDx H)
- Weight 3Kg
The intent focus on all NAD products is performance and reliability at a reasonable cost. The C 272 like all NAD products, achieves its performance through the employment of premium grade circuitry, innovative design and meticulous engineering. The discrete circuitry eliminates noise and lowers overall distortion.
The Element Series is unique in its architectural design and geometric conception. Its stunning multi-angled chassis displays no apparent parallel lines, while defying the laws of perspective.
Available in gleaming, luxurious, 4-coat polyester finishes: Dusk/Black or Ice/White. The Element Series also comes wonderfully appointed with custom designed & machined aluminum terminal back plates, precision machined reflex ports, and fabulous platinum W.B.T. connectors (bi-wireable).
The Element Series is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Tribe Series, for stunning synergy in surround setups.
Select dealers only
The speakers require several hours of actual music playing time as a minimal break-in period. During this time, refrain from playing them at very loud levels. You will notice a definite gradual improvement in the cohesiveness of the music reproduction as this occurs.
It is only through the support of advocates such as yourself that true sound can be promoted...
Toe-in: Due to the fact that all Totem speakers have great off-axis dispersion, toe-in is generally not needed. Imaging will therefore be more stable from any point in the room. If the speakers are placed very far apart (over 7 feet) then a slight toe-in may be experimented with. However if room geometry does not permit a straight-ahead aspect they will also perform very well with a slight toe-in.